Exact Payments, LLC
Position: Senior Staff Software Engineer
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, Scottsdale, AZ, or Remote
Exact Payments is a leading provider of high-performance payment services to bank partners, software platforms, and omnichannel merchants. Exact delivers a highly scaled payments platform integrated to leading processors in the US and Canada including Fiserv/First Data, Elavon, TSYS, Chase Canada, and Moneris.
Founded in 1999, Exact is a proven player in the eCommerce payments market with deep expertise in building and supporting payment platforms for large banks, government agencies, and its own direct client portfolio. Our cloud-based technology is fully redundant and offers comprehensive integration options including Rest APIs, PCI-compliant hosted payment pages and virtual terminal interfaces. The technology stack is built for scale delivering the highest level of performance and reliability at transaction volumes exceeding 1 billion annually.
Exact is a private equity-backed company headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, and Vancouver, British Columbia.
Exact Payments is looking for a Senior Staff Software Engineer who can function as Tech Lead for one or more mission-oriented, autonomous software development teams. We are looking for a leader who can bring in their deep technical expertise, collaboration skills, and mentoring abilities to apply in a fast-paced, cutting-edge technology company in the online payments space.
What you will be doing
The successful candidate will be a team player who is self-driven, shares information well, learns fast, is well organized, highly reliable, and pays close attention to detail. He/She will also be able to function in a highly cross-functional environment. The candidate must engage proactively with the product managers and technical/customer support professionals to understand business/product requirements at a higher level and transform them into engineering-specific deliverables with the help of other technology peers, project managers and Technical Program Managers. Key responsibilities include:
- Proactively engage with the business staff to understand business requirements, product roadmap, opportunity windows and translate them into appropriate technical deliverables
- Work inside and across agile teams to design, build, test and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable software solutions that meet business requirements.
- Collaborate with team members, scrum masters, architects, product owners to move the development program forward on a day-to-day basis.
- Build and integrate data storage solutions that may include databases, key-value stores, cloud-based object stores, etc.
- Design and develop APIs and other interfaces to enable integration of UI applications with backend services. Evangelize the API-first development culture within the agile teams
- Lead efforts in identifying and validating technologies, solution ideas and external service platforms by effectively organizing fast proof-of-concept implementations
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automation of software development process using agile, modern approaches
- Document the details of engineering systems in the form of clean architecture diagrams, design decisions, etc. for sharing and knowledge transfer within the organization.
- Establish and enforce the culture of shared knowledge in the form of documents, presentations, and hands-on working sessions.
What We Offer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. A Master’s in a related technical discipline is preferable
- 8+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer in advanced, large scale, technology systems
- Experience in building REST-based, API-centric microservices and other distributed systems platform in any of the software languages such as Python, NodeJS, Java, Ruby, Golang
- Proven experience as a technical leader with the ability to understand the business requirements to architect, design, and build appropriate technology solutions.
- Experience in cloud computing preferably with key certifications from public cloud providers such as AWS.
- Well versed with the practice of cloud-native application development and twelve-factor methodology of technology services development
- Solid understanding of SQL and NoSQL database technologies and experience with web-scale messaging systems such as Kafka
- Demonstrable experience in designing and developing container-based services and operating them effectively in modern orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes
- Experience in online/ecommerce platforms, payments integration, payments gateways is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills
We are a team of passionate professionals working together to ‘propel high-performance digital commerce for our clients and partners
’. We value diversity, creativity, innovation, collaboration, integrity, and respect and are looking for people who share these same values to join our growing team. We offer a comprehensive benefits program for our Canadian employees including Extended Healthcare benefits.