- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1-year of education.
- Experience with object-oriented design and implementation (Java, and/or C++)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Are you interested in helping define the coding experience that hundreds-of-thousands of engineers use every day? Do you have ideas on how contributing code can be a more collaborative experience?
AWS CodeCommit is a source provider that enables companies to store their critical source code in a secure, scalable, managed git service. We are building new "developer-first" experience that will work closely with other AWS Developer tools and we are looking for a software development manager who can help define this experience and grow the team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic leader who has experience building innovative, high volume applications. You will use using your own previous experience as a software developer and the voice of your team, to set direction for this new experience. Growing, motivating, and mentoring your team is the most important part of this role.
You will lead a team of talented engineers with the goal of improving the everyday experience of thousands of developers both inside and outside of Amazon. You will...
- Directly hire, motivate, and grow engineering talent within your group.
- Help define the vision, designs and roadmap for CodeCommit.
- Work with development teams inside and outside Amazon as your core customers.
- Work closely with remarkable engineers and business leaders on hard problems.
- Being a clear voice for the operational excellence bar for our space
- Meeting with customers to learn and help them shape their own tooling story on AWS.
- Escalate high impact risks, be they operational, directional, or morale and work with peers and leadership to resolve
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog:
- Experience building tools and systems for use by software developers. Bonus points for experience hosting or managing git servers.
- Masters degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience running and optimizing large-scale fault-tolerant services.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
- Established track record of hiring and growing high-performing engineering teams
- Experience in Agile/Scrum/Kanban delivery processes
- Previous experience with AWS or other cloud infrastructure
- Has taken software features from inception to customer delivery
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.