The engineer is responsible for carrying out projects for a variety of clients across several industries. They are tasked with ensuring clientâ€™s success by carrying out simulations and communicating results in a useful way to help clientâ€™s make design decisions. The engineer may also need to carry out problems that may not be well defined. So, strengths in engineering fundamentals are important and the ability to seek information via research and discussions with colleagues. Strong written and spoken communication is important. Strong presentation skills as well. The candidate will need to be able to present ideas and convey information to audiences with varying backgrounds. Work is typically carried out using Siemens DISW general-purpose CFD software STAR-CCM+ and Nastran but engaging with other Siemens simulation products may be vital. The work can be fast paced, so if you are creative, proactive, and possess excellent interpersonal skills, we would like to hear from you. As you grow, opportunities to travel globally to train and mentor clients may be possible as well. Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Optimally apply fundamental theoretical and applied Fluid Mechanics, Structural and Heat Transfer knowledge to develop the required skills in building CFD models in STAR-CCM+ and Nastran
- Prepare technical reports for variety of completed/in-progress projects
- Work on multiple projects and support engagements simultaneously
- Work independently as well as work optimally as part of a team.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 1+ years of experience in CFD, preferably STAR-CCM+
- 2+ years of experience in FEA simulation, preferably across multiple codes including Nastran
- Ability to learn new skills and adapt to customer application needs
- Excellent communication, organization, time management, and presentation skills.
- Completed courses in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Masterâ€™s Degree in a field of engineering
- Experience or knowledge in Aerospace or Automotive Industries
- Familiarity with design optimization or design exploration
- Capability to use Java, Python or C++ to create macros/scripts
- Familiarity with meshing complex geometries, turbulence modeling, and simulation post-processing
- Experience with Simcenter STAR-CCM+, Simcenter 3D, or other commercial CFD and structural tools
- Solid understanding of common design processes, objectives, and constraints for industrial applications
- Experience with CFD simulation applications such as internal/external flows, transonic and supersonic flows, conjugate heat transfer, transient analysis, or multiphase applications a plus
- Experience with electromagnetic simulation and applications a plus
- Preferred locations are Austin TX and Bellevue, WA, but other locations may be considered.
- Healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Life insurance covered by Siemens
- Long-term and short-term disability plans covered by Siemens
- 401K matching
- Flexible personal time off, including paid volunteer time off.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrowâ€™s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Digital Industries Company:
Siemens Mobility, Inc Experience Level:
Experienced Professional Job Type:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law. EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, . Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, . California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click .