- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience building rich data-driven web applications by consuming RESTful services and APIs.
- Understands front-end software best practices including client side performance optimization and how to mitigate information security risks.
- Understands software engineering best practices (e.g. automated pipelines, Operational Excellence, Information Security) and sets front-end software and UX implementation standards
Amazon is looking for a Front-End Engineer join the Amazon Care (www.amazon.care) team. We are a passionate project team working to build a best in class healthcare product designed to make high-quality healthcare easy to access.
We are looking for a Front-End Engineer who can help the team build a new interface for our customers. The ideal candidate will be innovative, have great problem solving, analytical and technical skills. They will own the design and implementation of major deliverables end-to-end. This position requires collaboration with UX designers, product managers, technical program managers, software engineers and partner teams, necessitating a comfort-level with ambiguity and a desire to create, iterate and improve. You demonstrate exceptional customer relationships skills and love to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests. You enjoy simplifying complex problems and tackling tough challenges.
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
Additional Locations Include:
- Experience with responsive and , as well as cross-browser and testing
- Track record delivering large customer features and front-end solutions in complex or ambiguous problem areas.
- Experience with streaming media and HTML5 multimedia features
- Familiar emerging trends in desktop, web, and app development
- Experience with deployments, DevOps, and/or AWS
Vancouver B.C, Canada; Austin, Texas and San Francisco, CA
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.