Are you a strategic and creative Tax Manager who likes working on complex property tax issues? Are you ready to make a greater impact on organizations by combining tax consulting solutions and innovative technologies in order to align the tax function with the business objectives?
We are looking for sharp Tax Managers for our Property Tax team who are ready to take on new challenges and work with one of the largest multistate tax practices in the United States. The Team
Deloitte's Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group is one of the largest State and Local Tax (SALT) practices in the United States with more than 1,000 professionals nationwide. Our Multistate Tax professionals include former state tax auditors and administrators, industry personnel, tax practitioners, accounting specialists, and technology personnel with numerous years of multistate tax experience. Collectively, our team has significant experience with the requirements and nuances of jurisdictions in all 50 states. Our specific services include state income and franchise tax, indirect tax, business restructuring, credits and incentives, sales and use tax outsourcing, excise tax, property tax, state strategic tax review, and state tax controversy.
Deloitte's Property Tax services group helps clients plan for and manage personal property tax compliance efforts in a more streamlined, seamless, and tax-efficient way. We bring together deep tax and industry knowledge, a national network of property tax specialists, and proprietary technology capabilities to help our clients explore new approaches, resourcing models, and possible savings opportunities. Work you'll do
As a Property Tax Manager in our Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group, you will provide state and local property tax planning, consulting, and compliance services to multiple clients within various industries. You will work directly with the client, manage the tax engagement team, and be connected to a strong support system from firm Leadership to ensure you are set up for success in your role.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on various property tax consulting and/or compliance engagements.
- Providing guidance to clients on a range of property tax issues including complex, commercial, real, and personal property tax.
- Analyzing property tax considerations and/or the potential impacts related to business restructuring or due diligence projects.
- Performing in-depth reviews of complex property tax returns.
- Assisting with drafting and presenting new proposals to new and existing clients.
- Providing guidance and mentoring for the development of the engagement team.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or another related field.
- CPA certification, if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, CMI, licensed attorney, CRE, MAI, CAE, PPS, ASA, CCMI, CREA, or a Senior Property Tax Consultant licensed by the Texas Board of Licensing and Regulation.
- One of the following accreditations obtained:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- 5+ years experience working in property tax and with property tax assessors.
- Experience with property tax compliance, tax planning, tax analysis, and related tax research.
- Experience managing a team and acting as first point of contact with your clients.
- Ability to travel 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM.
- Previous consulting experience from a large property tax practice.
- Thorough understanding of OneSource Property Tax.