Who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
About this team
We are looking for a motivated senior software engineer to become a core member of our web applications engineering team building best-in-class web experiences here at lululemon. We are working to build a cloud native environment where "automation" and "Infrastructure as Code" are guiding principles and necessary for the development of high- quality and resilient software systems.
This role will focus on supporting the development and implementation of a reference architecture that will be a key tool used for new market expansion. You will work closely with onshore/offshore teams and play a central role in ensuring code quality and engineering practices.A day in the life:
- Build and extend web applications in a cloud environment.
- Ensure that customer facing applications are designed to be highly available, observable, and durable via software engineering best practices.
- Work with Product and Project Owners to understand end-user requirements, formulate user stories and then translate those into pragmatic and effective technical solutions.
- Work closely with onsite and remote frontend, backend and operations engineers to ensure deliverables are well-documented, secure and resilient.
- Experience leading and managing off shore and or 3rd party team resources.
- Referenceable experience delivering production ready implementations with the Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC / Demandware) platform.
- Overall 8+ years of Software development experience including a minimum 3-4 years of real world experience developing, deploying, scaling, and maintaining SFCC based web apps
- Knowledge in cloud-based services and/or service-oriented architectures
- Experience with unit testing frameworks.
- Experience with data management strategies in browser environments.
- Strong software development fundamentals including automated testing, source control (Git), continuous integration in addition to continuous delivery and/or deployment.
- Experience integrating web front-ends with complex multi-tier applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a strong willingness to learn and teach.
- A passion for solving problems and desire to understand how things work.
- Ability to help troubleshoot and resolve production system issues.
- Ability to author well designed, testable, efficient code. We always prefer clarity over clever.
- Nice to have International multi-site experience
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. lululemon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that lululemon equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.