Business Process, Risk & Controls Senior Consultant @ Crowe - Sherman Oaks, CA
Business Process, Risk & Controls Senior Consultant
Sherman Oaks, CA
a month ago
Post a job for free in Sherman Oaks, CA
Your Journey at Crowe Starts Here
At Crowe, you have the opportunity to deliver innovative solutions to today’s complex business issues. Crowe’s accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are widely recognized for their in-depth expertise and understanding of sophisticated process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their commitment to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value. Our focus on emerging technology solutions along with our commitment to internal career growth and exceptional client value has resulted in a firm that is routinely recognized as a “Best Place to Work.” We are 75 years strong and still growing. Come grow with us!Job Summary
Crowe is looking for a Business Process, Risk & Controls Senior Consultant with the drive to work in an entrepreneurial environment supporting Technology, Media & Telecommunications clients. This individual would be a contributing team member on Consulting, Risk Assessments, Internal Audits, and similar engagements. You will be responsible for:
- Providing risk management, internal audit and internal control services to clients in a variety of industries.
- Assisting in planning and managing staff on engagements, including reviewing staff workpapers and providing feedback and guidance to staff
- Conducting fieldwork, preparing workpapers to support conclusions, discussing findings and observations with management, and preparing written reports of various types and formats.
- Involved in providing clients with advice to improve and optimize internal controls, enhance and transform internal audit approach and methodologies and performing risk assessments.
- Providing other value-added recommendations both to our clients and to help improve the firm.
Educational and Professional Credentials
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; Major in Accountancy, or a Business or Economics degree with an Accounting Minor or emphasis is preferred
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or pursuing these certifications is a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience in the areas of internal audit, internal controls assessment, and/or Sox 404 evaluation and testing.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Prior experience should include progressive responsibilities, including supervising and reviewing the work of others, and project management, including self-management of simultaneous work-streams and responsibilities
- Strong written and verbal communication and comprehension both formally and informally to our clients and our teams, in a variety of formats and settings, including in interviews, meetings, calls, e-mails, reports, process narratives, presentations, etc.
- Willingness to travel 50% or more annually
- Internal control design and effectiveness understanding
- Business process flow and flowcharting
- GAAP financial accounting and SEC Reporting
- Networking and relationship management
Build a Successful Future in Consulting
At Crowe, Consulting professionals provide thought leadership, process expertise, technology insight and help clients identify, assess, evaluate, and reduce risks. Our Consulting professionals serve large organizations across many industries in an environment where innovation and new ideas are highly encouraged. Through various programs, we provide you with learning and reinvention through high-impact formal and systemic training, including industry, solution, technology, and consulting training, as well as certification. You will be part of a strong global team environment with a fast-paced, challenging, and collaborative setting.
How you can Grow
We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have the chance to meet on a consistent basis with your Career Coach that will guide you in your career goals and dreams.
Crowe (www.crowe.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.
Visit Crowe.com and find out what it's like to work at one of the “50 Best Workplaces for New College Graduates.” Crowe ranked seventh on this Fortune list, in addition to being named one of Fortune’s “Top 100 Best Companies to Work For” and among Fortune’s “20 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services”. In these surveys, Crowe personnel attribute the following policies to making Crowe a great place to work:
Innovation: Each year, Crowe invests about two percent of firm revenue in new product development funding to develop ideas brought forward by its people. Building upon a foundation of deep industry specialization, Crowe professionals follow a detailed innovation road map to create original, practical solutions that help address their clients’ biggest challenges. This process allows them to see their ideas through from start to finish.
Mobility strategy: Rolled out more than two years ago, this strategy defied the norm of the professional services industry. It allows Crowe personnel to work where they’re most productive – whether that be the office, their home or elsewhere – and wear jeans while they’re in the office. This policy continues to receive great reviews on annual internal employee engagement surveys.
Benefits: The firm promotes healthy living through its internal well-being portal, which allows Crowe individuals to complete wellness activities – such as exercise challenges, healthy eating, doctor visits and mindful lifestyle changes – for gift cards and health insurance premium reductions. Additionally, on top of its healthcare and retirement programs, Crowe recently expanded its paid time off policies for military leave and all new parents.
Community service: Recently acknowledged in the Fortune Best Workplaces for Giving Back list, the firm places a high priority on community service. In honor of the firm’s 75th year, Crowe personnel not only achieved, but surpassed their goal of 75,000 hours of volunteering. We're proud to announce that we volunteered 82,000 hours – giving back to the communities where we live and work. That’s the equivalent of 39 full-time employees at the nonprofits we served! In addition, Crowe has policies in place to align its charitable contributions with the volunteer efforts of its people.