- 2+ years of professional non-internship experience with front-end software development
- Programming experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, React Native, Angular, etc.), UI Test Automation frameworks
- 1+ years of experience contributing to front-end architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
Do you have a passion for Automotive? Do you want to challenge the status quo of the in-car experience? Do you want to take on very ambiguous problems? If you answered yes to these questions, we have a dream job for you.
A day in the life
As a Front-End Development Engineer,
- You will design, implement, and deliver software in ambiguous and complex problem spaces.
- You will be working with an assorted set of stakeholders across organization such as product and program management teams and UX teams.
- You will influence the technology decisions that will drive future products and features that directly affect our growth in this critical space.
About the hiring group
Alexa Auto’s vision is to bring the Alexa experience into the car, so you can take her with you on the go. Voice technology shines in environments where you’re occupied with other tasks. That’s a big reason why Alexa has become so popular in places like the kitchen or living room, and why we see the opportunity in automotive as big as the smart home. With Alexa in the car, customers can use their voice to play music, control in-cabin comfort features like AC/heater, control smart home devices from the car, and access tens of thousands of skills built by third-party developers – all while keeping their hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.
- Build end-to-end customer experiences that brings intelligent, personalized voice-first experiences into the vehicle
- Incorporate best practices, produce secure, testable, maintainable, and extensible code and perform peer code review
- Work with product management, UX and cross-functional teams to build and ship technical solutions for the best customer experiences
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
- Participate in the hiring process as well as mentor others - improving their skills, their knowledge of your software, and their ability to get things done.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to drive innovation and passionate about learning new technologies
- Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team