Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales. Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities. Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
If you could spend 100% of your time painting the future of ecommerce on a canvas that will touch over one billion consumers, and had the strength of the #1 Fortune 500 Company behind you, what would it look like?
By bringing together online, mobile, and social with our 11,000+ stores and clubs around the world, Walmart is creating a seamless experience for customers and members to shop in the way that’s most convenient for them—anytime and anywhere. When you combine our unmatched assets in retail with our commitment to building best-in-class eCommerce capabilities, we’re positioned to serve customers in ways no one else can.
Every day is an opportunity to reshape the eCommerce landscape while having a lasting impact on the industry.Responsibilities
- Successful delivery of high-quality web or mobile software (requirements, design, code, documentation, etc.)
- Contribute to early quality activities, including peer reviews of estimates, designs and code
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Partner effectively with all team members to deliver against commitments
- Work cross-functionally with various teams: product management, QA/QE, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results
- Commitment to team success and positive team dynamics
- Passion for growing and applying technical skills in service to customers
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, and/or Extreme Programming methodologies
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
- 4+ year’s experience developing web, software, or mobile applications
- Solid grasp of software engineering fundamentals and their practical application
- Solid grasp of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms and their practical application
- "Self-starter"" attitude and ability to make decisions independently, Willing to go the extra mile to do things right and fast
- Experience with Google Analytics, site analytics, A/B experiments
- An understanding and preferable experience with web services (REST or SOAP)
- An understanding of unit testing & Test-Driven Development (TDD)
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science 2 years' experience in software engineeringOutlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Building system requirements, Information Technology, Project Management, Troubleshooting
Information Technology - CISCO Certification - Certification