We believe the modern workspace is underserved by the existing software solutions and we are building the new, truly modern collaboration and productivity hub for the workspace. At Microsoft Teams, we tackle the toughest challenges in the team collaboration and productivity space, and an opportunity to work with teams and technologies across the company and beyond. If you want to work in a startup like environment with the desire to move and ship fast, this may be the team for you.
As a Software Engineer, you will design and implement major features of collaboration experience for Teams. We are looking for an engineer who is passionate about front end, has experience across the web stack and wants to build performant e2e experiences.
- Design, implement and operate end-to-end product experiences on web, drive feature velocity, modularity, component reuse and performance/reliability
- Design and deliver beautiful and crisp visual experiences across web & desktop clients, scaling to audiences in the hundreds of millions.
- Work collaboratively with people across Product, Design, User Research and Engineering teams to deliver complex, large-scale projects.
- Develop user facing features (consumer grade) by translating graphical design and wireframes to code
- Translate technical excellence into delightful customer experience
- Build reusable code and libraries to enable efficiency in building
- Optimize code/application for best performance and scalability of our solutions serving global web, mobile and desktop clients.
- 2+ years’ engineering experience building web applications.
- Deep expertise in web markup including CSS3, HTML5
- Experience building fast and reusable, UI components under MVC or MVVM frameworks
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
- Good understanding of best practices of building cross browser and device independent interfaces
- Excellent teamwork and coordination skills with ability to create clarity from ambiguity
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.