Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Internal Business Consultant will partner with an external Business Consultant to create, develop and implement programs that help advisors build their business and increase Manulife Investments AUM. Using discretion and judgement they will strategically manage their territory providing insight, advice, practice management ideas and product updates to registered representatives. Required to have working knowledge and expertise of mutual funds, ETF’s, UCITS, 529 College Savings Plans and Separately Managed Accounts.
- A portion of the day will consist of running and analyzing advisor portfolios to uncover opportunities and potential unforeseen issues
- This individual must have superior research and analytic capabilities. They must be able to research competitor products, gain a high proficiency in those products, and understand how those products will interact with the overall composition of our clients’ portfolios.
- Leverage tools including Morningstar Workstation, Morningstar Advisor Portal and MANULIFE Portfolio Insight to perform analysis and provide insight and advice for registered representatives helping them improve portfolio construction.
- Review and research advisor websites, LinkedIn, and data packs to personalize practice management and business building solutions.
- Participate in roundtable discussions and feedback sessions increasing industry knowledge and product expertise.
- Maintain competitive intelligence by attending meetings and engaging other internal departments to understand MANULIFE's internal strategies.
- Lead projects for department initiatives to fully implement new processes, strategies, and more.
- Act as a mentor to new Inside Wholesalers and assist in development, implementation, and delivery of training classes for the Investments sales desk.
- Act as Fund/Firm/Separate Account/Marketing Liaison.
Relay a positive attitude about department initiatives and stand behind decisions of management.
- FINRA Series 7 and 63, 65, or 66 required.
- 1-5 years of sales/consulting experience preferably within the financial services industry.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills, including the ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong analytical time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly while applying creativity.
- Ability to work in a changing fast paced high call volume environment, with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Prioritizing work to ensure that the largest opportunities are executed on.
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
- Use segmentation information provided to focus on the opportunities with the greatest future potential in a given territory.
About Manulife Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services provider that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and our global wealth and asset management segment, Manulife Investment Management, serves individuals, institutions and retirement plan members worldwide. At the end of 2020, we had more than 37,000 employees, over 118,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2021, we had CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.3 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected] .
E EO is the Law I Family & Medical Leave I Employee Polygraph Protection I Right to Work I E-Verify I Pay Transparency