A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.Your Role:
The R&D Technician role will focus on new Chemical Mechanical Polishing (CMP) slurry product development, with a focus on the abrasive component research and development. You will work on a team consisting of other chemists/scientists, developing next generation abrasive particles for CMP slurries that provide technical solutions to semiconductor industry needs.
Who You Are:
- Understand and follow proper laboratory safety protocols for handling chemicals, including wearing proper protective equipment.
- Performgeneral laboratory duties, including preparing solutions, calibrating tools, measuring physical properties, cleaning/washing,and general lab organization.
- Performother laboratory duties as assigned.
- Assist the Research Scientist with project related tasks.
- Support dataprocess, analysis, and reporting.
- Maintain chemical laboratory equipment performance by establishing quality standards; developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair.
- Maintain chemical laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintain chemical laboratory productivity by monitoring workload of functional areas, making operational or staffing adjustment.
- Work closely with customer technology team and develop new CMP product that meets customer requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Material Science, or related Scientific discipline
- 2+ years of experience in general laboratory techniques
- Master's Degree in Chemistry, Material Science or related Scientific discipline
- Hands on experience with chemistry lab setup
- Working experience in the semiconductor industry or chemical material industry
- Highly organized, good communication skills, open minded, and highly creative with passion
RSRPMWhat we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 220738
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-timeCareers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone's health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by the Company. The Company uses the definition of "fully vaccinated" assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466
from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information .Job Segment:
Technician, Semiconductor, Product Development, Laboratory, Technology, Science, Research