Named one of the best places to work in California!
We are committed to providing a career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to make a difference in the lives of young people and their families. Stars Behavioral Health Group (SBHG) currently employs approximately 1,700 people at more than 45 different sites throughout California in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, Fresno, Central Valley, Stanislaus, Santa Clara, Alameda, and Sacramento counties. We serve more than 30,000 children, youth and families annually throughout the state.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in schools, homes or other community settings. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other agencies.JOB SUMMARY:
This position performs a variety of tasks to assist the Environmental Services Supervisor in maintaining the facility's physical plant, equipment and grounds.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Certification courses or equivalent in vocational training or apprenticeship in construction/maintenance trade(s) preferred (required for Level 10).
One (1) year building maintenance experience required. Level 9 if skilled in a construction/maintenance trade and 3 years experience. Level 10 if skilled in two or more construction trades and 5 years experience.
License or Certification
Valid California Driver's License, required.
Valid California Class "B" Driver's License,
Ability to interact and communicate both verbally and in writing with seriously emotionally disturbed adolescents, other staff and the public. Ability to read and understand English to follow written
and verbal direction. Ability to respond to emergency situations, requiring prioritization of work schedule. Manual dexterity with tools and mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment.
Ability to physically assist in lifting and carrying supplies, furniture and equipment generally weighing up to 150 pounds (e.g. beds, sofas). Ability to stand, bend, kneel, walk and stretch for extended periods of time, up to 2 hours.
POTENTIAL JOB HAZARDS
Blood and Body Fluid Contact (Category II)
Exposure to chemicals and cleaning solutions and heights.
Subject to strains/sprains from lifting and stretching and cuts from unseen sharp surfaces.
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS REQUIRED
Demonstrated knowledge of response to assaultive behavior.
Demonstrated use of Standard Precautions.
Demonstrated knowledge of safety procedures, especially for lifting, pushing and pulling techniques, and Material Safety Data Sheets particular to departmental hazards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs preventive maintenance and emergency repair to facility buildings, equipment, grounds and vehicles, including utilities plumbing, masonry, carpentry, electric, refrigeration and heating and air conditioning.
2. Receives deliveries and delivers materials and supplies to appropriate departments.
3. Performs miscellaneous sanitation duties such as sweeping and cleaning the surrounding sidewalks and garage area, and emptying and cleaning trash containers.
4. Manually lifts and moves furniture and equipment.
5. Available for on-call emergency repair situations.
6. Maintains various department logs in writing.
7. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and employees will also perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the Environmental Services Supervisor or his/her designee as needed.We offer:
- MFTI and ACSW’s receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid benefits package including medical, dental and vision and many other voluntary benefits
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement