Supply Chain Operations Specialist I @ Ceva Logistics - Torrance, CA
Supply Chain Operations Specialist I
Post a job for free in Torrance, CA
Provides various levels of support and services to areas of the supply chain and operations, such as entering and processing information, working with carriers and providers to update information, track and trace details, and ensure service levels, and providing levels of customer service.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Supply Chain Ops/Service Specialist I
Summary: Provides operational support to areas of the supply chain or operations, such entering and reviewing operational information, utilizing databases and systems to locate and verify information, and preparing documents for supply chain needs. Generally the information involves an understanding of related supply chain operations, tracking, and assisting with identifying and resolving operational issues.
- Receives and reviews documents for accuracy, such as dates, times, location, counts and related information; applies a basic understanding of transportation and service operations.
- Enters operational/customer transportation data in software systems and applications, such as purchase order and shipping and logistics times, rates, dates, and details.
- Utilizes databases, logs, and other sources to locate and verify information; information is usually more routine and accessible.
- Reviews or prints and prepares forms, labels, billing, invoices and related documents to ensure timely awareness for processing.
- Tracks orders and information through systems, vendors and related sources, such as arrival, times, confirmation and similar details.
- Responds to internal and external customer questions, provides information and escalates needs as required; may provide basic quotes.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and a safe and effective work environment.
- Assists with identifying potential operational or service concerns, notifies appropriate co-workers and assists with resolving.
- Develops and maintains excellent customer service to internal and external customers at all times, such as working collaboratively, providing timely communications and instruction and assisting with operations as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Specialist I: Two years of office experience in a logistics/transportation environment.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Understanding of operational and support principles and practices in a related supply chain environments.
- Entering, reviewing and verifying documentation and information.
- Following policies and procedures.
- Preparing logs, reports and documents.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Operating in a fast pace environment.
- Operating in both a team and individual contributor environment.
- Communicating with co-workers to provide and receive direction.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
Travel Requirements: Typically not required.