Hello and thank you for your interest in Anchor Wave! We’re glad you’re taking a look and considering this Front End Web Development position.
This role also assists in the ongoing service of our large suite of existing clients. We have hundreds of websites that we manage, all built using WordPress. This position requires a great deal of experience with WordPress
We’re looking for a WP leader that can help our entire team advance their skills with WP and web development by being a resource some of the more complex build issues that arise during projects and client support.
We’ve been in business since January 2003 (celebrating 18 years! High five!) and have a team of 16 folks here in Tucson. Most all of us are full-timers and skills range from graphic design, web strategy, digital marketing and more. We’ve built a family-style environment so its important that you want to be a member of a team and that you want to learn AND have fun.
We’ve got big things planned and want the right person to come along and enjoy the ride with us!
- Remote position
- Contractor Role / Part-Time: 80-100 hours per-month
- Compensation: $20/hour – $30/hour (based on skill)
Applicants must meet the following core criteria:
- Demonstrated experience in custom responsive theme development from PSD and/or XD files
- Experience with Gutenberg Blocks, 3rd party template customization, use of visual builder tools, API configurations, understanding of Digital Marketing as it pertains to properly coded websites.
- Knowledge of Firefox Firebug or Google Chrome Developer tools and familiarity with cross browser issues
- Experience with responsive coding and mobile optimization
- Years of experience with trouble shooting issues on WordPress sites
- *Bonus* Experience working with and troubleshooting a variety of hosting solutions / server configurations
- *Bonus* Experience with various internet-specific protocols including DNS, SSL, IMAP, POP, SMTP, SFTP
- *Bonus* Experience with Elementor page builder
- *Bonus* An eye for design and user experience when it comes to functionality of a website
While technical knowledge & skills are vital to success in this position, it is also important that the candidate demonstrates the following:
- Demonstrated critical thinking and troubleshooting skills to brainstorm and communicate possible solutions
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Ability to leverage outside resources and out of the box thinking to find solutions to issues that are undocumented
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Adequate written and verbal communication skills
- Time management skills to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability for continuous learning as well as sharing that knowledge, creativity, and problem solving