Happy Returns, a UPS Company, is making online returns better for shoppers, retailers, and the planet! We do this by providing a seamless system of technology, service, and logistics that gives shoppers the frictionless returns they want and retailers the low-cost and efficient service they require. Happy Returns operates a national network of Return Bar locations staffed by friendly, well-trained Returnista return specialists located in premier shopping centers, national and regional store networks, and other convenient spots. Our Hub (Warehouse) Operations are integral for us to execute on this vision. Our company is growing rapidly, and we’re looking for a dynamic, organized, and passionate leader to join our team.
We’re not solving a small problem, and we’re not addressing a small market. We’re tackling returns—the part of the online shopping experience shoppers say they hate most. Our customers, i.e., top online retailers, use Happy Returns’ returns software and reverse logistics to offer shoppers a genuinely delightful return experience while at the same time reducing costs, retaining sales, and making their supply chains more sustainable. We’re making returns legitimately better for everyone, and we’re having fun doing it.
- Take ownership of the successful implementation and delivery of new features and projects using a variety of modern languages and frameworks such as Golang, TypeScript, React, and PostgreSQL
- Actively participate in system architecture discussions and technical design reviews to ensure the scalability, reliability, and security of the Happy Returns system
- Enforce clean code and excellent coding practices by conducting thoughtful code reviews
- Actively participate in bi-weekly engineering lunch & learns to promote continuous growth and knowledge sharing
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers to meet and exceed customer needs in the simplest possible ways
- Help us build and maintain a world-class technology system so we can achieve our mission of making returns beautiful for Shoppers, Retailers, and the Planet
- 1+ years of experience in web application development
- Experience designing, implementing, and testing REST APIs
- The ability to efficiently ship clean, maintainable, and well-tested code
- A strong interest in joining a highly collaborative environment and working daily with Product Managers, DevOps, and QA Engineers
- 1+ years of experience developing and testing web applications end to end
- Expertise in multiple server-side languages such as Go or Python
- Familiarity with database technology such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MongoDB.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS
- Interest in e-commerce, logistics, and/or sustainability
Integrated into our shared values is Happy Returns’ commitment to diversity. Happy Return is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at Happy Return has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To all recruitment agencies: Happy Return only accepts resumes from agencies on the Ware2Go or UPS preferred supplier list. Happy Return is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
As part of Happy Return’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.