Behavior Therapist @ A Change in Trajectory - Van Nuys, CA
Post a job for free in Van Nuys, CA
A Change in Trajectory, Inc. (ACT) is a family-oriented agency that is committed to teaching individuals with special needs functional skills so they can become more independent. Our professional and caring clinicians provide comprehensive behavior services for infants, children, adolescents, and young adults with autism spectrum disorder and related disorders. Other services ACT provides include parent education, adaptive skills training, social skills groups training, adult community integration, and respite services. All the treatment modalities utilize evidence-based, state-of-the-art ABA strategies. We are equipped with highly professional, courteous staff who are respectful of privacy and are dedicated to the individuals they serve. Our operating model promotes personal growth and positive encouragement for families and team members. Please visit our website at www.act-works.net for more information.
Provide in-home one-on-one behavior therapy to children with autism spectrum disorder and related disorders in their homes. The primary goal of our services is to help these children function more effectively in their everyday lives. Behavior Instructors collect data on all behaviors targeted and meet with their supervisors weekly to analyze the information that they have gathered to plan the next goals. The company provides a comprehensive initial training as well as ongoing training.
A child with Autism may have difficulty with the following skills:
- Talking or following directions
- Difficulty expressing wants and needs
- Difficulty transitioning to new or different environments (new food, having their toys rearranged, or going to a new place)
- Engaging in problem behaviors (hitting, pinching, spitting)
Our clinicians improve children’s quality of life by implementing individualized behavior support plans and appropriate developmental curriculum designed by Board Certified Behavior Analysts.
Some of the main targets we have for children can include:
- Helping them learn how to communicate
- Helping them learn how to play and socialize
- Helping them learn how to interact with family and peers
- Teaching them how to behave appropriately instead of engaging in problem behaviors to get needs met.
- Teaching them self-help skills
- HS diploma. AA/AS or BA/BS completed or currently in-progress highly desired
- Live scan fingerprint clearance
- Valid California driver’s license
- Valid car insurance
- Good driving record
- Reliable Vehicle
- Able to lift 25 lbs.
- Receptive to feedback
- Work well in a team
Eligible employees who have already completed their bachelor’s Degrees are encouraged to enroll in a discounted Master of Science in Applied Behavior Analysis degree cohort which meets the educational requirements necessary to become a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst and takes place on a weekly basis.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $14.00 - $19.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep our candidates and staff safe, Interviews will be conducted via phone or video.
- working with children: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- California Driver's License (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Multiple locations
- On the road
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time: