Coffee Packaging Machine Setup and Operations- 2nd Shift Only @ F. Gaviña & Sons, Inc. - Vernon, CA
Coffee Packaging Machine Setup and Operations- 2nd Shift Only
Post a job for free in Vernon, CA
F. Gaviña & Sons, Inc. is looking for EXPERIENCED, mechanically-inclined people to set up, operate and maintain filling and packaging machines and other equipment associated with coffee production (2nd shift only, 3:20pm to 2:05am Mon-Thurs). We are interviewing only qualified candidates with hands-on operating & troubleshooting experience, so please read the following information CAREFULLY before applying.
Experience in the food and beverage filling/packaging industry a plus! Please note that this is not a CNC machining position or warehouse, general labor, packing/helper position. Candidates must have ACTUAL operating experience. Also, by applying to this position, you consent to be contacted about your resume by email, text or phone call.
Pay negotiable depending on experience. We also offer generous health benefits, an exceptional company culture, paid uniforms with complimentary cleaning, and opportunities for growth and advancement.
The Operator will work directly with a variety of machines and equipment, setting up, loading and unloading raw materials for packaging, preserving, and coding the product to consistently meet quality standards. Must abide by strict safety and quality GMPs.
- Read specifications, instructions, work orders and other production data in order to complete daily tasks and determine quantities and types of products to be produced.
- Clean or dislodge blockages in forming tube, seal bars, bins, or other equipment, using poles, brushes, vacuum, or mallets.
- Request raw materials and labels from appropriate departments to ensure production flow
- Fill or remove product from trays, carts, hoppers, or equipment using scoops, peels, brushes or by hand.
- Observe the flow of materials and listen to ensure that there are no machine malfunctions, such as jamming or spillage, and notify supervisors if corrective actions fail.
- Perform operator adjustments and observe settings, gauges, samples and printing and adjust controls such as thermostat, timing cells, printer, and valves as needed in order to maintain prescribed operating conditions for specific products.
- Observe, feel, taste, and weigh or otherwise examine products during and after processing in order to ensure conformance to standards.
- Maintain production records, including production data, such as weight and amount of product processed, down time, type of product, and time of processing.
- Set temperature and time controls, and start equipment, such as conveyors, receivers, blowers, scale, printers, vibrators, and/or gates.
- Comply with instructions from Supervisors and communicate with coworkers in order to synchronize flow of operations and materials.
- Take product to Quality Control and test the products for leaks, length, printing, oxygen/vacuum and other specification information.
- Show product to roaster, and grinder and/or flavoring if necessary to inspect adherence to color, grind, and flavor specifications.
- Weigh or measure products, using scale or rulers
- Work in accordance with all safety guidelines, including lock out-tag out procedures
- Ensure quality of bags, labels, UPC codes, valves, and weight-Understand and follow policies and procedures strictly as described in the Good Manufacturing Practices Policies and SQF Codes.
- Two (2) or more years of experience in Food Processing with knowledge of equipment for safely processing food products for consumption.
- Ability to work with computers and enter data
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, materials and techniques common to packaging machines, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Able to work up to 2 hours of overtime or weekends as needed
- Requires extremely high accuracy, strong attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- MUST wear required personal protective or safety gear and equipment
- Ability to handle possibly exposure to minor burns and cuts
- May require operating a forklift
- Reading comprehension: must be able to understand written sentences and information provided in work orders, specifications and other work-related and safety communications.
- Requires standing for long periods of time; between 8 to 12 hours or more
- Able to safely lift packaged products and raw materials. (average of 50lbs for men and 32lbs for women)
- Hands and fingers with dexterity to work with product, equipment parts and controls
- Must be able to work with varying degrees of noise indoors and in environmentally variable conditions
- Ability to stand, bend, twist and climb ladders as needed
- Vision: ability to monitor gauges, dials or other indicators as well as read specifications and write notes
- Hearing: must be able to hear potential mechanical equipment malfunctions and/or alarms
Disclaimer: This description is not meant to be a complete list of all job duties and the position may include other tasks as assigned or required by management. Job description may change at the Company's discretion.
To apply, send a resume with pay requirements. ONLY qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews and candidates with hands-on machine operation and troubleshooting experience will have first consideration. This position is located in Vernon, California.
F. Gaviña & Sons, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all applicants according to Fair Chance in Hiring Initiative regulations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $16.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- 10 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
Temperature checks taken of everyone entering the property; entire property deep sanitized twice a week; free masks and protective gear provided to everyone on the property; free access to Employee Assistance Program.
- plant: 2 years (Preferred)
- manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Machine Operator: 2 years (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply