Siemens Healthineers offers generous sign-on bonuses up to $5,000*
Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a Software Test Engineer
This role is the position of system architect in the Test Data Management System group. This group is responsible for a custom software product used internally for the quality control release process at a large medical device consumables manufacturing site. This software is used at additional internal company sites with central application management in Walpole. This role will focus on the software requirements and their testing, both manual and automated. This position will leverage a person’s experience with the generation of requirement documents, their traceability to software testing, and the generation of test cases including automated test scripts.
The person in this position must be familiar with Agile methods and preferably has been responsible for the use of Azure DevOps for requirements, test case management and execution.
The software product was built using Microsoft Visual Studio tools and coding in C# and uses an Oracle database backend in a Cloud based architecture. The application has migrated some aspects to use of Azure DevOps for the change control, requirements, test cases, and automated regression testing of software applications. This position would be a key member of the activity to complete the transition to Azure DevOps as the application lifecycle management tool. The position will leverage knowledge of requirements document development and the testing and validation of software. This position reports to the manager of the Test Data Management System group and provides an opportunity to be a key person in the site’s operation. This position will be considered for partial or full remote.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers. This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Software Test Engineer, you will be responsible for
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Key participant in Application Lifecycle Management.
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness of software testing methods
- Key participant in creating and maintaining automation test suite
- Key participant in definition of test strategy and test plans
- Participate in risk identification process
- Create and review software product documentation
- Work within Azure DevOps tool and culture
- Test definition for software changes in a regulated environment
Working Knowledge of:
- Education: Computer Science, Software Engineering or Science background with relevant experience
- Work in a software product team using Agile methods
- Software test methodologies and techniques
- Ability to identify and practice appropriate test technique in different areas.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Relational databases and browser applications
- Automated test script generation
- Requirements definition
- Use case creation
- Agile methodology
- Software change and development in FDA regulated industry
- 7+ years experience
- Experience in leading modules or minor releases
- Hands pm experience with different types of testing; Services testing (using WSDL/API), Performance testing, ETL testing.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date, except where prohibited by state law. Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons. If you choose to submit an accommodation request it should be submitted within 3 business days of receiving a verbal offer. Details on how to submit approval will be provided by your recruiter. An accommodation approval must be confirmed prior to your start date. A start date cannot be confirmed until the accommodation has been reviewed. An accommodation is based on your role. If you are a currently a Siemens Healthineers employee with an existing approved accommodation, it will need to be re-evaluated prior to starting a new role. Why you’ll love working for Siemens Healthineers
- Be part of exciting and innovative projects that help solve some of the world’s most significant health problems.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education and technology, and sustainability, making a positive impact on communities.
- Participate in our celebrations and social events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
We are globally recognized as an Employer of Choice
, but don’t just take our word for it. Here are some of our most recent awards and recognition:
Review our Benefits Summary
- Great Place to Work Certified 2021
- Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality
- Best for Vets Employers by Military Times
- Glassdoor Employer Rating: 4.0
Explore the Siemens Benefits QuickStart https://benefitsatshs.com/ website to learn about our competitive Benefits plans which we proudly offer to our regular full-time employees. The QuickStart website can be accessed by clicking the link above or by copying and pasting it into your web browser’s address bar and selecting “Thinking of Joining Siemens” to the left of the page.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally. If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit:
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
- Sign-on bonuses range from $1,500 to $5,000 and are determined by individual position level, division, and location. Sign-on bonus offer is exclusive to external candidates who receive and accept an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers.
Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.