Company DescriptionBe part of something great!
Synchrony Group is an independently owned network of companies, headquartered in West Chester, PA.
At Synchrony, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality products and services in the medical communications industry. Our vision is to create the highest value for our clients and the most opportunity for our team members, while working together to improve the lives of patients. Collectively, we are leaders in strategic planning, development, and execution of best-in-class programs that address medical needs, maximize strategic objectives, and make significant scientific and clinical contributions. Our passion and commitment to improving outcomes for our clients, healthcare professionals, and patients drives us to exceed expectations in everything we do.
Synchrony consists of integrated groups of medical-scientific, clinical, creative, commercial, and industry experts. Synchrony Medical Communications specializes in strategic medical communications, publication planning, and associated scientific content and engagement.
Our teams reflect our commitment to excellence—we’re smart, enthusiastic, and driven. We align the skills, experiences, and perspectives of diverse individuals to achieve unparalleled results in an environment of respect and mutual support. Above all, we are passionate about changing the world and improving the lives of patients.
Our success is built on the foundation of our team, and we’re always striving to strengthen our foundation. More than just seeking out the best and brightest to join us, we also create a work environment in which employees are respected and encouraged to grow.
Are you looking to be part of something great? We’d like to meet you!
Under the direction of the Vice President, Project Management and Editorial Services, and working closely with the Scientific Services, Account Services, Editorial Services, and Creative Services teams, the Project Manager provides support for the development and execution of SMC deliverables. Demonstrating project leadership, the project manager will possess and convey a comprehensive knowledge of the status and timelines for all SMC tactics. To ensure the seamless delivery of publications, multichannel medical communications tactics, and related medical affairs activities, the project manager will develop and implement timelines; communicate effectively and thoughtfully with colleagues, clients, and all external stakeholders; think strategically and take a proactive
approach to problem-solving; and monitor project budgets in close consultation with Account Services and finance personnel to track and manage billing of all projects.Job DutiesProject Planning
Project Management and Tracking
- Assist in determining and refining project specifications
- Assist in estimating proposal cost and timeline estimates based on project specifications
- Coordinate proposal/new business trafficking and deliverables
- Develop project plans and timelines, including specifications and work breakdown structures (tasks)
- Obtain appropriate resourcing to complete projects according to plan and within budget
- Formally initiate projects with internal and external team members
Internal and External Communications
- Assume overall responsibility to track and maintain status of projects and accounts concerning specifications, timelines, budgets, and deliverables
- Ensure that all specifications of projects sold are delivered to clients
- Initiate and monitor timing of completion of billable project work with internal and external writing, editorial, and creative resources
- Use project-tracking software to manage projects, coordinate with Account Services on project budgets and the triggering of invoices, and track project expenses
- Call and run project team meetings to update project status on a weekly or as-needed basis
- Fulfill lead role in resource allocation, scheduling, and prioritization through consultation with Account Services
- Coordinate and delegate fulfillment of client and internal deliverables
- Assume responsibility for on-time delivery of tasks to and from external vendors
- Assist Account Services in forecasting, cost-to-complete estimates, and budget reconciliations for active projects
- Track active and completed budget totals compared with purchase order contract values
- Monitor project status and recommend changes in scope, budget, or timeline to Account Services as appropriate
- Recognize and evaluate requests for out-of-scope work; alert Account Services about out-of-scope work in a timely manner and work with the team to estimate additional budget needed to complete, and assist Account Services in creating and processing amendments to the project proposal for client when necessary
- Work with the team to identify, analyze, and proactively communicate budget and timeline risks
Quality and Risk Control
- Update all internal and external stakeholders—including team members, authors, advisors, and clients—on status of all projects on a regular basis
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders concerning project support issues and changes
- Assist Account Services in addressing and responding to external stakeholder requests
- Assist in anticipating and fulfilling author, advisor, and/or client needs
- Communicate with clients, authors, advisors, and external vendors concerning active projects
- Foster and encourage team communications
- Ensure that all quality control measures (eg, editorial/graphics review) are completed for all projects
- Coordinate internal sources for project information and specifications
- Maintain electronic and (if appropriate) paper files for all projects
- Review and analyze project detail reports with Account Services weekly (or as needed) to identify incorrectly recorded project hours and potentially out-of-scope project hours; communicate to Account Services in a timely manner
- Assist Account Services in preparing client change orders for out-of-scope requests
- High level of integrity, confidence, and accountability
- Ability to coordinate and execute multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Confidence to contribute quickly combined with instinct to ask questions when necessary
- Effective organizational skills; attention to detail and timelines; high degree of accuracy
- Sound planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Understanding of industry guidelines, regulations, and requirements
- Well-developed professional communication skills, including written and interpersonal
- Well-developed sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Ability to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcome challenges or obstacles
- Ability to master various content management systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 2 years of experience in project management, medical communications, and/or pharmaceutical company
- Project management training
- Specific industry/agency project management experience
- Knowledge of electronic project management systems (eg, WorkBook, PM Solutions, DataVision)
- Remote Position
- Minimal travel may be required (<5%)
- Potential overtime as required
Synchrony places high value on the well-being of its employees; therefore, Synchrony team members are eligible for a comprehensive array of benefits, including competitive salaries, generous paid time off, excellent health insurance, family leave, and a 401(k) plan with employer matching.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EOE. Synchrony is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this role.