FanDragon Technologies is an emerging, well-funded start-up based in West Hollywood, CA, revolutionizing the global ticketing distribution business with a proprietary, Blockchain-based mobile ticket-wallet software solution that allows ticket rightsholders to gain transparency over data throughout the ticket supply-chain. We are seeking a Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
Reporting to the company’s Chief Executive Officer, the CTO will be responsible for oversight of FanDragon’s short and long-term technical and engineering strategy, and providing high-level, forward-thinking vision. This person will perpetually refine, redefine (as necessary), and lend support to all aspects of the company's technological development. The ideal candidate is a technical leader with demonstrable expertise in leading and managing the creation of first-in-class digital products, including a full SaaS development cycle. This person must have robust experience working, and familiarity with blockchain products.
The CTO will work across all key departments to attain the company's strategic goals, including setting business requirements, assessing and improving application architecture, and ensuring the implementation of market-leading design. They will communicate with staff, executives, and customers to ensure the company’s technologies are used appropriately and optimally.
Proven experience packaging open source technology for use within enterprise and/or consumer applications is essential, as is the ability to effectively translate technical terminology to all stakeholders. This person should be visionary, understand industry-wide best practices and current innovations, and display credibility and excitement - particularly in lending expertise to a high-performing and expanding team.
To learn more about the company, applicants are encouraged to visit FanDragon.comResponsibilities
- Provide strategic guidance of all technology and engineering-related decisions, including product roadmap, to maximize the company's future growth and profitability
- Evaluate and evolve current application architecture, handle verification and validation of mission critical software, and aid in decision-making aimed at developing a more seamless, scalable product. (This could include a product rebuild if deemed necessary.)
- Oversee the hiring and management of all technology-related staff, consultants, and 3rd party vendors (engineers, data scientists, IT personnel, QA testing resource, etc.)
- Implement technology solutions and development tools that may improve efficiency and effectiveness of all Departments, and in a fashion that supports the company's KPIs, mission and values.
- Implement information security standards/policies, including running audits and document security procedures
- Lead writing and management of software related documentation
- Devise an application deployment strategy, including guidance of DevOps and hosting server infrastructure
- Make recommendations for product improvements, and any other innovations that could be beneficial within any/all company departments and projects, based on technological research – especially those within the ticketing and blockchain industries, explore new tools/technologies to improve development efficiency and product quality
- Analyze and report on opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services, including identification of competitive services, product and enhancement requirements, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success
- Identify technology trends and evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of the business. Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company’s services.
- Recent demonstrated experience building and managing world-class technology platforms using open source software solutions; providing cloud-based SaaS solutions and professional services to enterprise clients (B2B)
- Expertise in front-end development for web, iOS, and Android,
- Proficiencyin at least one mobile application development framework, including ReactNative, SWIFT, or JAVA
- Familiaritywith cryptographic key management and blockchain protocols
- (Ethereum is a plus)
- Experience building hybrid and native mobile applications, and launching/taking commercial mobile apps to market
- First-hand knowledge and experience working in a significant aspect of the event ticketing space
- Superb communication skills and experience working with remote team members
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- BS in related field and at least 10 years experience in the Information Technology arena, at least 5 years management and strategic experience in this field or MBA/MS in related field with 10 years experience, 5 of which must be managerial and strategic
FanDragon is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.