The Programmer/Analyst is responsible for application development supporting business objectives while providing mid-level expertise in software development lifecycle phases from concept and design to testing. Analyses, designs, and builds component-based applications including introduction of an application layer, modeling techniques, component and object-oriented design, complex algorithmic coding, and systematic approaches to application integration. Works on new and existing applications. Performs hands-on coding and assists in architecting solutions. May serve as liaison to internal customers, research groups, and various business support areas.
The Programmer/Analyst works under the joint direction of the Cedars-Sinai Cancer (CSC) Senior Programmer Analyst, Research Manager(s), Associate Director, and/or Executive Director of Research Administration to support the delivery of high-quality data for a wide range of external and internal reports, planning and evaluation activities, grant applications, and other research and programmatic activities to the CSC Director, senior leaders, program leaders, and other key stakeholders in CSC’s efforts to make informed data-driven decisions. The Programmer/Analyst collects, organizes, and reports on CSC data, including but not limited to CSC members’ grants, publications, clinical trials, trainees, program outcomes, and pilot awards. The Programmer/Analyst assists with a variety of tasks in translating business and operational requirements into databases and reports, standard operating procedures, and workable IT and administrative solutions. The Programmer/Analyst ensures compliance with NCI and other federally regulated tracking and metrics reporting requirements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures quality assurance of data. Manages the delivery of high-quality data, data abstraction from multiple databases
- Works with CSC Administration, Senior Leadership, CRTEC, and other key stakeholders to formalize analysis plans and reporting specifications
- Supports the development, refinement, and maintenance of databases, analytics, dashboards, and reports using available reporting tools (e.g., SQL/JasperSoft) and NCI required templates, for a wide range of external and internal reports, Cancer Center program meetings and retreats, grant applications, and other research related activities; metrics and analytics include but are not limited to: CSC membership, funding data for all prior and currently active cancer-related research grants and contracts for members and trainees, peer-reviewed publications for members and trainees, current education or career outcomes status for trainees longitudinal collection of the data described above for trainees, etc.
- Works with both internal and external offices (e.g., Office of Research Administration, CSC Central Office of Pre- and Post-Award Administration, Technology and Innovations Office, EIS, etc.) as well as utilizes professional networking and social medial tools (e.g., LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.) to obtain information needed to collect data and prepare metrics and reports for CSC Administration, Leadership, Cancer Research Training and Education Coordination (CRTEC), and other CSC stakeholders
- Supports the development and maintenance of tracking mechanisms and identifying new sources for information elements that will increase the value of the data maintained by the Cancer Center
- Assists with the analysis of business rules, process requirements, and federally-mandated regulations to provide feedback on updating current software systems
- Assists with monitoring and optimization of the performance of the databases
- Utilizes professional networking and social media tools (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter) with trainees and alumni, and provide science communication support for public dissemination of CSC and CRTEC activities and opportunities
- Ensures all CCSG data tables and reports meet NCI P30 (CCSG) guidelines
- Ensures all materials submitted to NCI, NIH, and other peer-reviewed funding agencies are accurate, appropriately formatted, and timely
- Supports CSC Administration, CRTEC, and other CSC related offices to develop materials requested by the NCI and other funding agencies
- Develops and maintains user manuals and standard operating procedures for any information systems used and all metrics reporting
- Provides project management support for information systems development/management, data management, and reporting projects
- Performs other duties as assigned or required by management
We are always looking to grow our teams with talented people, just like you. That’s why, this position is eligible for our Employee Referral Bonus Program. Refer qualified candidates today!
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 years experience managing application design, software development, maintenance or related experience