Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become an Engineering Manager at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this role, you will work with the technology developers, national labs, and universities, to evaluate and demonstrate the innovative power system solutions and transfer the knowledge gained to our business partners and operational units. The chosen candidate will lead a team in demonstrating and evaluating emerging technology across all aspects of the power grid on-time and within budget.
As an Engineering Manager, your work will help create a more reliable, resilient, and safer grid to power our planet, reduce carbon emissions, and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
Technology Focus Areas:
- Ubiquitous situational awareness
- Ultra low-latency communications
- Adaptive protection
- High capacity efficiency (& protection)
- Seamless grid flexibility
- Localized & edge control
- Inertia substitution
- Customer load flexibility
- Energy buffering
- Islanding & reconfigurability
- Bidirectional power flow
- Hardening and remediation
- Safety and work methods advancement
- Data driven operations
End-to-end advanced simulations and analytics:
- This position will work with the Senior Engineering Manager within Grid Technology Innovation.
- Manage efforts to identify, plan, and complete technology projects that supports SCE’s strategic roadmap to include Clean Electrification / Countdown to 2045 goals.
- Create a culture of safety, as well as craft an exciting environment where others are recognized for their contributions.
- Manage workload, resources, and constraints by using external consulting opportunities to optimize output while supporting our goals.
- Coach performance and lead the development of a group of engineers and advisors with a range of specializations related to the electrical grid of the future.
- Establish a clear and innovative vision for technology exploration and adaptation.
- Present project concepts, objectives, and progress with key business partners at the appropriate level of technical detail.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships across the company and with external resources with a focus on addressing technology gaps and improving technology transfer.
- Five or more years combined experience in technology integration or leading engineering teams
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM or related subject area.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proficiency with the following software tools: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- General knowledge and/or understanding of electric utility transmission & distribution equipment.
- Experience leading employee performance and development by providing direction and conducting performance evaluations, coaching, feedback, and mentoring.
- Experience prioritizing activities, delegating, monitoring assignments, and holding team members accountable for results.
- Ability to interface optimally and collaborate with clients, peers, project personnel, and all levels of management enterprise-wide to develop solutions and ensure partner consensus.
- Ability to accurately analyze information, make strategic decisions/recommendations, and guide others’ decision making by identifying the anticipated benefits, consequences, and impacts of alternatives.
- Effective resource and project planning, and the ability to know the latest with relevant technology and innovation.
You should know
- The position’s work mode is hybrid. Employee is able to work primarily at home or remote however, the employee may be expected to come to an SCE facility on occasion. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Hiring organizations can add further requirements related to specific jobs. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, hiring process, and more!
- Relocation will be considered for this position.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.