Caregiver - PT NOC @ Oakmont Senior Living - Whittier, CA
Caregiver - PT NOC
Post a job for free in Whittier, CA
Oakmont of Whittier is a premier senior community situated on a beautifully landscaped campus. Developed by Oakmont Senior Living, Oakmont of Whittier provides exceptional quality, comfort, and care with five-star services and amenities. Residents enjoy a rewarding lifestyle with individualized comprehensive support that promotes continuing independence.
The Care Provider is responsible for providing personal assistance and daily care and services related to the residents in order to enhance the residents’ independence and quality of life, in accordance with company’s mission, vision, and values.
Why should you choose a career with Oakmont:
- 401k Retirement Plan & Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Vacation, Personal Day, Sick Pay, Holidays
- Student Loan Refinancing
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Emergency Family Fund
- Career Growth, Relocation and Travel Opportunities
- Assist residents in their Activates of Daily Living (ADL) as specified in the resident’s service and car plan. This includes eating, bathing, dressing toileting, transferring (walking) and continence.
- Respond to residents needs promptly while maintaining residents self-respect, dignity, safety, and confidentiality.
- Communicate any observed or suspected resident change of condition to a supervisor immediately.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for all staff, residents, and guests, following established safety standards.
- Encourage teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers and other departments
- Experience preferred but not necessary; we will train the right candidate
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong desire to work with the elderly and care for their needs
- Possess written and verbal skills to interact and communicate effectively with employees, supervisors, physicians, healthcare professionals, residents and their families.
- Must pass a criminal background check before beginning work.
About Oakmont: Oakmont Senior Living is a recognized leader in the retirement industry, having planned and developed more than 50 retirement communities in the western United States. Oakmont strives to create an atmosphere of family and community among staff, residents and resident family members. We know that caring and meaningful relationships are the foundation of a rewarding life. Our belief and our mission are to treat each member of our community with respect and compassion. Our staff is hand-selected for their skills, previous experience, and a passion for working with the elderly. Our practice is to incorporate joy and laughter alongside our expectations of excellence. Walk into our community and feel our pride in ownership and commitment to service.
EEOC: Oakmont Management Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, family medical history or genetic information, military status, or unfavorable discharge from military service. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including any recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.