Home Support Worker-KK-VP @ Jay Nolan Community Services Inc - Winnetka, CA
Home Support Worker-KK-VP
Post a job for free in Winnetka, CA
Schedule: Tuesday and Wednesday 3-9pm (12 hrs per week) Pay $ 15.00
Location: Winnetka, 91306
This position is responsible for providing individualized support, assistance, and instruction to assigned individuals within the Supported Living program.
Essential Responsibilities / Duties :
The Home Support Worker provides individualized support, problem-solving, companionship, guidance and assistance in activities in everyday living to one person with the diagnosis of a developmental disability or, similar need.
- Willing to support individual in family home setting.
- Provide 1: 1 support and guidance to the consumer in their own home and promote the Health and Safety of the consumers' well being at all times.
- Helps with individuals receiving services from JNCS during specified times of the day.
Must be able to work effectively with people who have disabilities, while being sensitive to needs, preferences and feelings. The candidate must also have the skills and ability to work with the agency, staff, support team, family members and community members. With the ability to work autonomously as well as with the team
Assist the consumer in the maintenance of their home (e.g. cleaning, meal prepping, and laundry).
Assist consumer in establishing regular routine in taking prescribed medications and be familiar with the potential side effects of such, observing and reporting on any changes.
Participate in all circle meetings and training up to date.
- Experience supporting individuals with Autism and or developmental disabilities preferred not required.
- Energetic, outgoing, patient, and respectful
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- A valid driver’s license, reliable auto, current auto insurance, & smart phone are required
- Ability to handle physical aspects of job
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Comply with all policies and procedures of the organization and public locations of activities
Contact: Employment Recruiter at (818) 361-6400 ext. 260