Home Support Worker VP 5030 KS @ Jay Nolan Community Services Inc - Winnetka, CA
Home Support Worker VP 5030 KS
Post a job for free in Winnetka, CA
Schedule: 4th Weekend of the Month Pay $ $15.00
This position is responsible for providing individualized support, assistance, and instruction to assigned individuals within the Supported Living program.
Essential Responsibilities / Duties :
The Home Support Worker provides individualized support, problem-solving, companionship, guidance and assistance in activities in everyday living to one person with the diagnosis of a developmental disability or, similar need.
- Provide 1: 1 support and guidance to the consumer in their own home and promote the Health and Safety of the consumers' wellbeing at all times.
Helps with individuals receiving services from JNCS during specified times of the day.
- Hours may be flexible based on the needs of the person receiving the services.
- Direct support will be provided by the CSW and indirect supervision by the circle of support.
- Must be able to work effectively with people who have disabilities, while being sensitive to needs, preferences and feelings. The candidate must also have the skills and ability to work with the agency, staff, support team, family members and community members. With the ability to work autonomously as well as with the team
Assist the consumer in the maintenance of their home (e.g. cleaning / paying bills / dealing with the landlord / utility companies as required).
Assist consumer in establishing regular routine in taking prescribed medications and be familiar with the potential side effects of such, observing and reporting on any changes.
Participate in all team meetings / workshops / In-service training and conferences as required
- Experience supporting individuals with Autism and or developmental disabilities preferred not required.
- Energetic, outgoing, patient, and respectful
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- A valid driver’s license, reliable auto, current auto insurance, & smart phone are required
- Ability to handle physical aspects of job
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Comply with all policies and procedures of the organization and public locations of activities
Contact: Employment Recruiter at (818) 361-6400 ext. 260