We are Farmers!
We are… more than just your favorite commercials. We are a passionate, award winning, equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. We are dedicated to supporting the well-being of our people through our extensive suite of benefits, as well as the well-being of the communities we serve through employee volunteer programs and nonprofit partnerships. Helping others in their time of need isn’t just our business – it’s our culture! We are Farmers!
Do you thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy the challenge of a position where no two days are alike? We are looking for positive, high-energy professionals who are not just looking for a job, but a meaningful career!
At Farmers, our ambition is to be the leader in delivering peace of mind, innovating for customers whenever and wherever they need us. That means having people like you who can help us evolve to meet changing customer and business needs. Continuous development is critical to our success at Farmers; that means being curious, continually innovating, being open to new opportunities and embracing change. As the needs of our business and customers change, and you acquire needed experience, you may have opportunities to use your knowledge and skills in a different role. As you take on these new challenges, Farmers is committed to providing you with the necessary training and support along your career journey.
Farmers believes in a culture of collaboration, creativity, and innovation, which thrives when we have the ability to work flexibly in a virtual setting as well as the opportunity to be together in person. Our hybrid work environment combines the best of both worlds with at least three (3) days in office and up to two (2) days virtual for employees who live within fifty (50) miles of a Farmers corporate office. Applicants beyond fifty (50) miles may still be considered.
About This Role
We are seeking a Senior UX IT Solution Engineer to join our Digital Transformation journey across customer, agent, and employee-facing applications. As an experience-focused organization, we are committed to delivering peace of mind to our customers, agents, and employees.
As part of the team, you will lead UX solution priorities and work across IT to deliver outstanding program outcomes. You will collaborate with the UX team to deliver engaging, intuitive, and user-centric experiences for our customers, agents, and employees across a variety of platforms and devices. This will help them manage their tasks and transactions with ease and efficiency.
You will use your in-depth IT expertise, strong understanding of user-centered design principles and practices, and experience with front-end development technologies to collaborate with UX, provide thought leadership, and perform a variety of tasks that guide and position technology delivery with a focus on end-user centricity and customer empathy.
What You'll Do
If you are passionate about UX, have experience, and are ready to take on the challenge outlined below, we encourage you to apply!
- Collaborate with the UX team to define IT processes, identify UX demand, and build an execution plan to deliver high-quality products at scale.
- Develop customer empathy-led Information Architecture guidelines.
- Serve as a liaison between product, design, and engineering.
- Provide strong technical leadership and expertise in the delivery and adoption of reusable UI components and template-driven designs using web components, micro-frontends, APIs, and other advanced techniques.
- Collaborate with the UX team, solution architects, and developers to design, establish, and grow the UI platform on which applications are built.
- Envision and drive the adoption of UI platform concepts across multiple application delivery teams.
- Collaborate with UX, senior stakeholders, business leaders, and cross-functional teams to understand user needs, pain points, and opportunities, and propose technical solutions that address them.
- Partner with solution architects, developers, and quality assurance engineers to provide guidance and participate in the implementation of front-end solutions that demonstrate best-in-class UX.
- Assess and recommend new technologies, tools, and methodologies to improve the capabilities and performance of the UX solution.
- Collaborate with agile teams, stakeholders, and other technical experts to elaborate the solution, validate technology assumptions, evaluate implementation alternatives, and converge on the final solution.
- Proactively participate in both internal and external front-end development communities, staying up to date on the latest software technologies and best practices, and sharing insights with others in the organization.
- Accountable for business unit technology, including architecture patterns, CI/CD pipelines, code review software, COTS etc.
- Works independently to lead several technical programs, setting priorities for products and engineering, leading cross-functional teams to take products to market, ensuring success metrics are informing future efforts, and quickly adjusting the program.
- Recognized as an expert to provide a systems view of the entire development and delivery process, leading the direction and supervision for technology delivery, while also connecting architecture and operations.
What You'll Bring
- 8 years of experience in IT, with a focus on UX.
- IT expertise with a strong understanding of user-centered design principles and practices, as well as experience with front-end development technologies.
- Angular is the top-priority from a Framework Perspective.
- Knowledge in REST Services.
- Working Knowledge of ReactJS, Heroku, ROSA and Salesforce is preferable.
- Experience in UX design and design systems using FIGMA.
- Experience designing web and mobile solutions for enterprise platforms.
- Experience in working with big data platforms and cloud services such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Experience working in Agile delivery framework.
- Experience collaborating and influencing within a cross-functional delivery team, including UX designers, technologists, engineers, solution architects, and change managers.
- Demonstrated experience applying critical thinking, design thinking, and systems thinking methods and tools to solve end-to-end challenges, with a thorough understanding of the principles and concepts underlying these approaches.
- High energy level, enthusiastic, and eager to do what is necessary to be successful.
- A collaborative nature with excellent written communication and presentation skills.
Education You'll Need
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, human-computer interaction, or a related field.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $169,389.00 - $171,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Woodland Hills, CA 91367